*2011 Global Ebooks Awards Winner for Nonfiction/Reference!
*US Book News National Best Book Award Finalist!
*Next Generation Indie Book Award Finalist!
*EPPIE Award Finalist
*Currently used for reviewing courses at 3 US universities and 1 university in the Netherlands.
*Available in dozens of libraries around the world.
Listen to Mayra’s radio interview at Works-Cited.
Are you passionate about books? Do you have the desire to share your thoughts about a book with readers, yet are unsure about what makes a good review? Are you curious about the influence reviews have on readers, booksellers, and librarians?
If you’re an experienced reviewer, The Slippery Art of Book Reviewing will serve as an excellent reference tool and amalgam of resources. If you’re a beginner, this book will show you how to write a well-written, honest, objective and professional book review. It will also teach you:
- How to read critically
- How to differentiate the various types of reviews
- How to rate books
- How to prevent amateurish mistakes
- How to deal with the ethics and legalities of reviewing
- How to tell the difference between a review, a book report, and a critique
- How to start your own review site
- How to publish your reviews on dozens of sites and even make money while you’re at it, and much more
If you’re an author, publisher, publicist, bookseller, librarian, or reader, this book will also bring to light the importance and influence of book reviews within a wider spectrum.